Saturday 20 February 2010

Visit from the yarn fairy...

Thanks to a note handed over the bar where K1S2 meets, I found out about a lady moving house and destashing on an Olympic scale. This was the small part of it that I acquired:
 part of which I have skeined, washed and wound. So far I have explored some cotton/linen mix which is going to be a voile curtain for the back of the bathroom door, some soft but sheddy animal fibre (? what kind of animal) which is probably going to be a scarf, and some very fine probably-rayon-based-on-how-it-burns which is going to be a recreation of the blanket Grandma knit for me when I was born. Working out the pattern for that has been challenging but satisfying. Casting on 389 stitches challenging (!) and so far I'm on row 3...

 The niddy-noddy has paid for itself already.







The obligatory 'baby in its first bath' photo.







She also had a ball-winder from her machine-knitting days which I was only too pleased to snap up. Thanks Irene xxx

1 comment:

hubby (aka yarnslave) said...

Trust me, that's not a fake photo. I'm the one who had to carry it all in... Now worrying about RSI from ball winding!