Sunday 31 October 2010

Lovely things

Tonight, when we are surrounded by all the hyped up imagery of Halloween, it is good to remember that it is really All Hallows Eve and think about those who are no longer with us. On the way home from Manchester this afternoon I saw a tree with leaves making a very similar pattern to the lacy shawl that my Grandmother made for me as baby. Somehow it felt like she was trying to tell me to get on with knitting my re-creation of it...

Other knitting news is that I have been encouraged by lots of people at K1S2 and the new Purl City Sunday knitting group to write up and publish my purple shrug pattern. I have to tell you, dear reader, that I have grasped the nettle and made a start. With a completely different pattern, admittedly, but I am looking on that as a pilot project (or more appropriately a swatch!). So far I have had to re-learn to use Word (ew), find a chart maker (yay), find a pdf creator (yay) and join them all together seamlessly. Success. Any test knitters for a small bookmark project please apply here.

Here is a detail of my recently finished Monkeys. It amused me to be knitting a Cookie A pattern as a 'quick no pattern needed' job.

IMAG0201

1 comment:

The Knitty Kitty said...

I'll do a test knit for you! :D